- To save money on heating costs, reduce the temperature of your home a few degrees at night and when you're away.
- Keep blinds, shades and drapes closed during the hottest part of the day in the summer. (And open south-facing blinds on sunny winter days!)
- Use area rugs on cold floors – if your feet are cold, your body will feel cold.
- If you feel cool, put on a sweater rather than simply turning up the thermostat.
- Clean or replace the air filter on your furnace every month to improve efficiency.
- To save more on central AC costs, try cooling your home to only 24°C or 25°C instead of the low 20's. Each degree below 26°C will noticeably increase your electricity use!
- Turn off unnecessary lights in the house (they produce a lot of heat which works against the AC.)
Welcome to Ontario Home Services
At Ontario Home Services we strive in making your home more energy efficient one product at a time. Saving you money is our goal. By switching to energy efficient products you will not only feel difference in your home, but see the savings on your utility bills. Install one of our Energy Star – high efficient; Furnaces, Air Conditioners or Water Heaters today and choose whether you wish to purchase or rent. Protect yourself with our OHSPP – Ontario Home Services Protection Program today and be “worry free” if anything breaks down. We have been very successful over the years in providing home comfort to our customers and will continue to search for more efficient and innovative products to better serve you and your family's needs.